JAIIB stands for Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Banking. CAIIB is Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Banking. One has to complete JAIIB first and then go for CAIIB.
Both are flagship courses from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance – IIBF (Established in 1928 as a Company under Section 25 of the Indian Companies Act, 1913, Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF), formerly known as The Indian Institute of Bankers (IIB), is a professional body of banks, financial institutions and their employees in India.
Banks in India reward their employees with additional increments if they pass JAIIB and CAIIB.
Clerical staff get one increment for passing JAIIB and two increments for passing CAIIB (Total 3 increments).
Officer employees get one increment each for passing JAIIB and CAIIB (Total 2 increments).
Both courses add value to the employee in his profession. Even IT companies treat these on par with industry level certifications when they take bankers in.
Any senior, who happen to meet a colleague will definitely ask ‘have you completed CAIIB?’
JAIIB (Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers).
Consists of 3 papers :
1. Principles & Practices of Banking
2. Accounting & Finance for Bankers
3. Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking.
- Only existing employees of banks can write JAIIB Exam.
- People other than Bank Employees Can write Diploma in Banking and Finance Exam(DBF).
- Exam is conducted twice a year (May/June & Nov/Dec)
- Registration process will start around 50 days before exam month.
- If you passed DBF, JAIIB Examination certificate will be issued after joining the bank.
- Syllabus & exam pattern for both JAIIB and DBF exams are same.
- JAIIB Exams are conducted in on-line mode.Result will be shown on screen immidiately after finishing exam.
JAIIB Exam Pattern :
Total No of Questions – 120 MCQs.
Duration – 2 Hours
Approx – 70 (0.5 mark), 35 (1 mark) and 15 (2 mark) questions.
Fees : First block of 2 attempts :Rs.2400/-
Second block of 2 attempts: Rs.2400/-
Medium of Exam : Hindi or English.
Passing Marks :
Case(i) – Pass mark in each subject – 50 marks.
Case(ii) – Pass mark – 45 marks in each subject but average of three subjects should be 50%.(This applies only if you clear all 3 subjects in First attempt)
Note: For example – In 1st attempt if your marks of 3 subjects are 47,48 & 51.Then in first 2 subjects you are considered to be fail (Since avg is not 50). So in next attempt you have to score 50 each in both subjects to pass.
Another example: In 1st attempt if your marks are 46,47&60. Then you have passed in all three papers since the avg is more than 51.
Hope this clarify the doubt regarding passing marks.
For more info check out JAIIB – Official Notifiction.
Study materials :
These 3 books will give to all basic needed things to clear the exam.IIBF also provides access to their Video lectures and Elearning materials 20-30 days before exam date.
I think now you have all got an clear idea about the exam. #start preparing All d best 🙂
Thank you 🙂